View Single Post
      10-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #26
wspohn
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Thanks for the feedback.

As a long time road racer, I like to justify the mods I do to my cars with hard data about whether they do what they are supposed to do.

I added three different chassis stiffening devices to my Solstice simply because they work and eliminated some handing quirks in the stock car.

I am a bit surprised that people want to add strut bars just for appearance. Cluttering up my rather nice looking engine bay with what sometimes looks like a Mechano set gone mad is about the last thing I would do as an appearance mod, but to each his own.

I am considering whether or not to replace the stock shocks and springs in my Z4 (I strongly favour BC Racing based on previous experience) and if I do, I'll certainly give consideration to possibly adding a strut bar to deal with any added forces across the strut mounts due to stiffer springs.

I gather that substituting coil-overs on the rear so that both the shock forces and the springs operate on the top mounts can also cause some concerns - something else to worry about.
Appreciate 0