12-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #9
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Rockit,not sure what your budget is, and I'm not asking,but I don't want to run the risk of insulting you,by suggesting the following-

You mentioned Schrieber,well there is a chain called 'Howdens',this was originally set up by MFI many years ago,it has recently been the subject of a management buyout,so the following may no longer be the case.

Howdens sell Schrieber carcasses + 'old' or discontinued doors from the Hygena and MFI ranges,the Schrieber carcass is recognised as being one of the better one's on the market,are always 'built' as opposed to flat pack, and are very robust.
Howdens will come around and do a design for you,and if none of the door,drawer fronts are what you are looking for,buy just the carcasses from Howden's,and buy door/drawer fronts elsewhere.Be warned though,it's the door's and drawer fronts where the money's at.

Ignore the 'Trade Only' banner on the home page,if you're interested,it's easy to set up an account

http://www.howdens.com/
Howden used to be the exclusive supplier for MFI.

However, now that MFI are owned by a venture capitalist group my understanding is that they have (or will) ditched Howden and will import from overseas.
Appreciate 0