RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Im just having a kitchen done at the moment.

Had moben in betta kitchens etc and for my spec of kitchen we were talikng 25k......so fuck that for a game of soldiers!!

I did some research located a kitchen fitter through a friend of a friend(top bloke) bought my own appliances, carcuses, worktops etc. I Used the national for some ideas of design then came up with my own. Essentially i project managed the whole thing...

any way ive managed to do the whole job for less than 12k including floooring and replastering/decoration ( and it is looking amazing)

Just goes to show how much the big nationals are ripping us off.

My advice dont use them.

I ve offered to set this guy up in business as hes that good!

Im sure he would come and do your if you looked after him and hed save you a fortune.

Good luck

Steve
Thanks for the info Steve. Sounds like a brave move to project manage, but then I'm speaking as someone who has no practical inclinations whatsoever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
That's your name then - Gav.

Subject close to my heart this one. Not an expert but have had three new kitchens fitted in houses over the years. You could try Symphony (Leeds I believe), this company used to supply my father's building co. & I have used their products which I would describe as mid range and perfectly acceptable. There is a very good co. in Hull, who are not the cheapest but the product is very good quality and the co. are very professional and offer plumbing, electrics, tiling & plastering as part of the deal if required. I am not sure whether they'd travel to Bradford way but no harm in asking? Mulberry Fitted Kitchens Limited 01482 448717, ask for John Chambers. Mine was fitted by Mulberry in 2002 and I have had no problems whatsoever.

Sorry if you already know all this but it is important. Any decent co. will design the whole kitchen, offer computer aided design (CAD), listen to your ideas and not force their aesthetic ideas on you (ie. insisit on high line units) and will show interest in the overall project. The planning is very crucial for a lasting end result. Never be afraid to alter something if you don't like it.

Other tips are definately try & go for 40mm roll edge worktops & 18mm carcasses. This combination will stand the test of time and give a superior finish. Additionally, any future enhancements can simply mean a change of door units/handles. If you plan to stay in the house & are replacing white goods, I would recommend the German varieties TBH, Bosch, Neff & AEG. Last but not least, you can NEVER skimp on decent lighting. Individual 12v halogen spots, each with their own transformer are the best IMO together with individually switched 12" strips fluorescent lighting strips fitted under the wall unit.

Hope this helps Gav, and I could think of many more kitchen ideas to spend your hard earned.
Hi there! Gav it is, but I think I prefer RockIt cos it sounds way cooler than Gav! Much more fitting for a rock musician like what I am! Lots of info. Cheers! Our current kitchen is Symphony and was put in when the house was new 8 years ago. Mulberry sound interesting. We are tempted by a local company and may have found a possible in Halifax. However, I'm trying to get some local recommendations about them. Some sound advice thanks and I'll take it on board re lighting and dimensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Diesel View Post
Stop spending my taxes on kitchens!!!
Sorry boss.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0