View Single Post
      06-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
z4mnyc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Hoosier R6 - pressure & temp?

Looking for advice on the best pressure and temp for Hoosier R6 tires.
Running 245x40x18f and 275x35x18r.
The car weighs 3100lbs with gas, no driver.

This past week after just three track days I corded the outside edge of the front tires. I did rotate left/right between days. Pacific Raceways is tough on the front right but I did not expect this type of wear.

We dialed in -.5 degree additional camber to -3.6 degrees and put on a fresh set of fronts. (Toe is set to almost neutral at 0.11 degree toe in but we will zero this out soon). On Saturday the new fronts showed signs of the same edge wear pattern after the first session.

Coming off the track the outer, middle, inner temps were 142, 146, 154f.

I was used to running the R888s at around 42psi hot and set the Hoosiers for about the same but on the advice from other experienced people at track I lowered it to about 36psi hot.

After lowering the pressure and re-chalking the wear started to look much more even. So it seems that the Hoosiers are very pressure sensitive and need to run at a much lower pressure.

Does anyone have experience running these tires & have advice?

Thx
| Z4MC | KW Clubsport | BBS-RGR 19 + Bridgestone RE11 | BBS-RGR 18 + Hoosier R6 | Sparco DTM RS | Vorshlag mounts | Braille battery | Euro Headers | Supersprint exhaust | Stoptech lines | Stongstrut | TCK camber arms | UUC SSK | APR GT-200 wing & splitter | ESS Tune | Speedware Motorsports custom roll cage | Schroth harness |
Appreciate 0