11-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #23
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karacticus View Post
I'd do RTABs first, and then put the RTAB limiters in while you are there.

Made a big difference in my car after 80,000 miles. There was a sort of "twist" at the rear once the car finished rolling on turn entry.

After replacing the RTABs and putting the limiters in, this behavior was gone for for last track weekend at Road America.
my goodness yess, that is exactly how I've been trying to explain to people what's wrong with my car!! the twisting. except i never managed to use that word. I've been describing it as the rear end of the car wanting to just continue on its own wayward path unlike friendly oversteer. it's exactly as you describe, after turn in and near completion of the turn, it'll just 'twist' and want to take you out.

i took the car to pocono raceway and had an awful time. afraid to make any aggressive steering input and sognificant body weight shifts at high speed...I activated DSC at 130mph on the bending straight. terrifying

the car already has limiters in it, I suppose replacing rtabs would be a first check before doing anything else.

my last mz4 which I wrecked (sold on copart recently) was perfectly sorted and I was doing ~125mph uphill esses at VIR. I'm afraid I'd be weary of doing even 100in this car the way things are atm :/