View Single Post
      11-13-2021, 04:38 PM   #238
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
What i like the most, or maybe i shouldn't like it, is that people who are currently getting a chance to be close to the C8Z on cold start up, are revving it to near redline or at redline lol.

Usually on these race engines, and this is an actual race engine, you can't really do things like that. You can idle it higher to warm it up but you can't just stab the throttle like that on cold start up. That's not recommended on ANY engine.

But the fact the engine can take that, and GM engineers aren't advising against it, just shows the engineering that went into the LT6.

There's a youtube video explaining in depth about the LT6 which is amazing if you're into that stuff. Personally i like knowing about the cars i own, and since i'm getting a C8Z end of next year, i love learning about this car.

I'm going for ceramic matrix gray, adrenaline red interior, black wheels and carbon flash exterior bits.

This looks insane!
its not ideal for any engine to be revved up high when its cold. the oil has not warmed up enough to lubricate everything like it should. but its not a death sentence. i see people at car meets, who don't know how engines work, do it often to impress the crowd.

best way to warm up any car is just driving it normally. you don't want to just have the car sit and warm the engine and leave the trans cold when you set off and floor it.

these cars being posted are likely test/demo cars and ones that will be going to journalists.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 2
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
WolfGTI716.00