10-07-2018, 09:55 AM   #12
saintex
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4MC BSM E92 335xDrive BSM

The DIrty Laundry Details

2006 Z4MC (BSM) 120000km.

This is my second MC. I've owned this car 6 years.

Mods all done by me:

KW V3
SS Brake lines
Currently SuperSprint Race Cans (Tks Ariusen)
Strong Strut (Tks RobMCoupe)
Vanos Upgrade (Beisan)
Vibra Technics mounts (2nd set)
Rogue RSMs
Rogue transmission mounts
Evolve Carbon Intake/ Tune
Euro Headers (tks Donovan)
Pedal Haus pedals
Status Gruppe Carbon Valve cover
RPI scoop
Poly FCABS
Spherical Bearing RTABS
Geoff Steel Carbon Roof (Thanks Ariusen AND Geoff Steel!)

Oil Changed every year/8000km, Valve clearance yearly, compression check yearly.

That's my car's resumé for background.

I have done my clutch/flywheel on a previously owned 335xDrive coupe. Spec Stage3+ . All Good. Someone nailed me head on and the car died, but I kept the FW/Clutch pack with 400km on it.

Spec Stage2+ install on my Mcoupe went well. Until Test Drive. Very Harsh vibes from 5000 to 5500 RPMs in gear and out of gear clutch IN or OUT rolling Or stationary. Before the install there were no vibrations at ANY rpm.

After discussing with Spec they said "pull it and return it and we'll check it out, but usually an imbalance presents itself at all RPMs and gets worse at higher RPMs." So I paid for shipping from the Great White North to Bessemer Alabama $$$

While I was re installing the OEM FW/clutch I REPLACED the Guibo, it had small cracks that the master tech at my local dealer said were ok but I figured while I was down there in the dark and dirty place I'd change it. Note: with the clutch IN AND the car stationary the trasmission gears and output shaft/driveshaft aren't turning so they can't be a source of vibration.

With the original OEM FW/Clutch/Pressure plate everything was NORMAL. No vibes, nothing at any RiPeM.

I wait.

Spec Tech calls back. The FW was in balance but the Clutch (pressure Plate) was out 6 grams, not much he said. He balanced it to within 1 gram. Again he didn't think this would cause an issue but its possible. They shipped it back and mis-labelled the customs declaration so I ended up paying sales tax on it again.

I re install it and bam, same shit different day.

Dozens of emails to David Norton of Spec and after many denials and his claims of it can't be's and claims of it's just chatter or gearbox vibration he just won't return my money or my emails.

David Norton personally sold me this kit and it cost over 1000$, I bought from SPec cuz I previously used their stuff and I figured it's all good.

I don't know what the issue is except that when I remove the Spec kit the problem goes away. I just wish Dave Norton from Spec would return my $ .
Appreciate 0