03-01-2020, 11:12 AM   #1997
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiCC View Post

Also tryed out the weighted anatomic M shift knob (right). Love it more than the ZHP shift knob (left) its pictured next to!
Have the same knob and it’s my favorite oe knob. More leverage for quicker shifts but still heavier than original.

Btw do your local cops give you trouble with the headlight film? I wanted to do the same a while back but it’s hard enough to get away with front tints...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesguy View Post
Where did you get the taller shift knob? I have a delrin aftermarket but like the OEM look here.
Bimmerworld or any dealer (p/n 25117896884). Just know like the ZHP knob its not lighted.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/BMW-Inte...117896884.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyshyvanuk View Post
Replaced the two trunk shocks. Tip: if you remove one of the old shocks, the trunk lid will come crashing down. Luckily, my head was in position to intercept the lid.
For what it’s worth I cut my forehead when it made contact with the trunk latch. With my oe hardtop, I had to install the trunk “stoppers” to prevent the trunk from making contact with rear glass. Keep forgetting the trunk now sits upright in the open position =(

Last edited by 3002 tii; 03-01-2020 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 0