View Single Post
      04-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
onelove
Track Head
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

I've done the 3 day school at Sebring in the Formula car and it was one of the best learning environments I've ever been in. Easily got 10 DE days worth of learning in 3 days.

I opted for the Formula car and am glad I did, it's a well balanced car, that works with you and against you. If you make any sort of snappy movements of either the brake or the throttle it will let you know with rotation. It teaches you how to be very smooth and balanced, because in reality you have no other choice. The sequential shifter only took a few laps to get used to and overall the car was a blast to drive.

As my instructor said at the end of 3 days, we'd have absolutely no problem jumping over to the MX-5, however the learning curve for those guys to get into the formula car wouldn't be quite so simple. I definitely look forward to following up with the 2 day advanced school after I get a bit more track time under my belt and feel the desire to go wheel to wheel racing.

That being said I think you'll have no problem going Solo after attending if you go there with an open mind and are ready to learn.