View Single Post
      03-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Brakes held up fine, but I don't think we're good enough to really tax them!

Prior to the track day both cars were set up with new DOT 4 fluid and Stoptech Street Performance dual-use pads. I talked to Zeckhausen and they said these were good up to "moderate" track use--figured they were just fine for track noobs.

No fade and going into turns 10 and 14 speeds were pretty high (I wasn't looking at the speedo) and these are pretty slow speed corners (heavy braking). I was well into 5th in the STI and into 4th with the Z4M prior to those corners. Speeds going into turn 1 were high as well, but you don't need to slow that much (relatively) for that corner. Some brake pad smell with the Z4M but none with the STI (STI has bigger pads and Brembos front and rear). No smoking or other issues and pedal feel remained constant. But like I said, we're not good enough to really get deep into throttle and brake heavily on the rest of the track.

BTW I like the Stoptech SPs on the street better too. More progressive and better feel than the stock pads on both cars. So far quiet too.
Appreciate 0