Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
One other thing I will mention is if you have an M coupe or roadster, BMW offers LIFETIME roadside assistance for flat tires (since the car didn't come with run flats). The caveat is you will be taken to the nearest BMW dealer to fix the issue so you will be paying a premium for the tire/mounting.
Don't you have to be the original owner to get that LIFETIME roadside assistance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Likewise, I would never put that stuff in any of my tires. That's why I removed the goo canister from my M Roadster, my M4 and my wife's M3. Plug kit or AAA is a far better alternative. Also, only works on a tread puncture, not on a sidewall, but if you have one of those you need a tow anyway.

Also, the BMW goo has an expiration date on the canister. If it's too old it won't work anyway, so there goes any peace of mind that might give you. I doubt that anyone here has checked the date and actually replaced theirs with newer stuff!
Even though, I have no intention of using mine, I still replace the canister every 4 years or so. There are places that I visit without cell phone services for miles and miles...so I have AAA, a plug kit and the BMW mobility kit is my back up.
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42992.00