SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
My indy mechanic tells me that the fix-a-flat goo ruins wheels. Eats them from the inside and ruins the sealing surface. He also runs a towing service and has seen his share of roadside woes. I won't use the stuff. I have a patch/plug kit, compressor, and AAA card.
Likewise, I would never put that stuff in any of my tires. That's why I removed the goo canister from my M Roadster, my M4 and my wife's M3. Plug kit or AAA is a far better alternative. Also, only works on a tread puncture, not on a sidewall, but if you have one of those you need a tow anyway.

Also, the BMW goo has an expiration date on the canister. If it's too old it won't work anyway, so there goes any peace of mind that might give you. I doubt that anyone here has checked the date and actually replaced theirs with newer stuff!

Appreciate 1
wdb4732.00