SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
One other thing I will mention is if you have an M coupe or roadster, BMW offers LIFETIME roadside assistance for flat tires (since the car didn't come with run flats). The caveat is you will be taken to the nearest BMW dealer to fix the issue so you will be paying a premium for the tire/mounting.
Sounds cheaper to just get a AAA membership. When I got my Roadster I upgraded my AAA membership to Premier. $110/year gets you up to 200 miles on your first tow and 100 miles on any subsequent tow, and covers all of your cars. Fortunately I haven't had to use it yet, but it beats getting stranded on a remote twisty road and you can get towed to any tire dealer you want.

I also have two different kinds of plug kits (one by Slime and the other by Dynaplug) and the original M Mobility Kit inflator in my trunk. I already had the Slime and a friend raved about the Dynaplug, which he's used 3 times on his M4. Haven't used those yet either, but always good to have alternatives.

A better air pump alternative is the VIAIR 85P portable air compressor: (click pic for link)

I have one of these in both my M4 and my wife's F80 M3. We use them regularly at the track to add air when necessary. I also loaned it to a friend who got a slow leak in his M2 during a backcountry club drive. He was able to monitor the tire pressure and stop periodically to put in more air. This got him to a tire dealer.

Appreciate 1
wdb4732.00