View Single Post
      11-09-2021, 06:13 PM   #16
JAS1169
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2003 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothy5000 View Post
BobR07Z , my motor looked a little worse than yours when I pulled it out of the roof drain cavity. I did a little research on cleaning electric motors. I pulled it apart and sanded the copper contacts, put it back together and it works.

You pretty much did everything I did, when I relocated the motor to the trunk I got pressure in the lines by moving the top manually a few times, but no movement with the motor. (I can hear it spinning.) At one point I manually closed the top halfway and could not move it up or down by hand the pressure was so great. I had to pull the red manual switch to release the pressure.

Do you have any idea why the motor works, the lines get good pressure, but there is no movement?
Please go to about 4:10 in the attached video.

In the attached video you can clearly here the motor running but, no movement. ( yes, the red handle by pass has also failed in the video).
In the video the motor is running but the top isn't moving because of some kind of pump failure. You can hear your motor running but no top movement. Yea, your pump may have unseen water damage, simply failure due to age or because you made an error of some sort putting the pump/motor back together.

Yea, I know it's very costly, but a new pump/motor combo should get your top moving again.
Appreciate 0