08-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #15
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
It irks me when people think their time is more important than mine and use the clear left lane to pass everyone trying to make a right and then force their way in just before the right hand turn so they didn't have to wait. They knew darn well they wanted to make a right, and where it was...they just didn't want to wait with the rest of us.

On a related note, people coming up the shoulder in stop and go traffic also annoy me for the exact same reason.

But one time, a glorious thing happened, sitting on the highway in stop and go traffic and a guy in a pickup decided he had had enough of people passing him on the shoulder, so he pulled off into the shoulder to block them and maintained the same speed as the traffic on the highway so they couldn't pass anymore. I was right behind him in the right lane, so I pulled up to within a few feet of his bumper and paced him so no one could get in between us. Stopped that practice real quick, many unhappy people on the shoulder. Guy pulled back into his rightful spot in front of me once traffic started moving again and gave me a wave.
I'm with you on the first part about importance. But here is where a PSA might actually come in handy.

I used to be of the same mentality that people shouldn't continue up the ultimate merging point. Then I was told how the crews planned the merge (especially in construction instances) to make the most efficient use of the space available. I'm not talking driving over the white line to get an extra 2 car lengths, but also doesn't mean you have to immediately merge when the lane continues for another 1/4 mile (however many meters that is in Canada). The real issue is that people do not know how to properly zipper/merge without constant stop/go.
Appreciate 2
wdb4721.50