View Single Post
      03-31-2018, 02:03 AM   #35
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post

The E46 platform is notorious for chassis quality issues. Most people have never changed their diff bushings and they are still running the factory rubber OEM type bushings. Does this then mean that the soft OEM rubber bushings caused the structural problems in the E46 chassis that they are experiencing?

I would say, not entirely because the primary issue is with the weak E46 chassis that has a large amount of body flex compared to the Z4M chassis, especially compared to the structural rigidity of the coupe version. Simply blaming chassis damage and cracks on OEM or solid bushings is probably not entirely accurate or realistic.
There's a little voice inside my head telling me that you dont have an engineering degree or any experience on a theoretical level in that field.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0