05-03-2022, 06:51 PM   #12
Coi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i, 07 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelandr View Post
I have the Condor LCAB, and they are good enough. How much caster are you running? Caster has a significant contribution to steering feel and straight-line stability. You're looking for something like 8deg or more. I feel that my steering is very tight with good feel. I have an E90 330i with shock, spring and M3 control arm upgrades, and the Z4 is better.

Make sure that all of your tie-rod ball joints are tight and that the rack doesn't have any slop.

Neither matches the feel in my manual steering E30 M3, but few cars do.
I haven't had the alignment checked and was planning on getting a custom alignment done after swapping the transmission bushings over. Want to increase camber and caster in the front. Presumably my car is set to factory alignment specs from whenever the previous owner had the tires installed.

I don't feel any slop and the tie rods/ball joints seem good. Have checked with the car jacked up. I think the steering feel can be diminished by old bushings even if the ball joints are still good. Good to hear that your Z4M is even better than an E90. Mine was an LCI with the M Sport package and no aftermarket upgrades but I was impressed by the steering.
Appreciate 0