View Single Post
      10-02-2021, 10:59 AM   #11
Nipsey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw z4 coupe

Removing the needles is where you really want to be careful. Take a few pictures so you know where they are pointing exactly so you don’t have to pull them off and reattach them a dozen times. Put construction paper or something equivalent on the gauge face before you attempt to remove the needles so you don’t mark them up.

The best method is to use 2 small spoons or something with a curve so you can lever the needles off. I made up a tool by bending the heads on 2 roofing nails so they were curved and that worked pretty well. They will require more pressure than you might be comfortable with to remove. Just pry evenly and do it right at the stem. Absolutely don’t pry out away from there or you will bend the needle.
Also the speedo and tach will not be all the way at the stop when you start. I pushed them back so I had a definite starting point for when I reinstalled them. Taking a lot of pictures helped me a lot. Being able to look back at where you started really helps. Sort of measure twice cut once I guess.
Appreciate 0