View Single Post
      09-30-2016, 09:14 PM   #28
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikedsyko View Post
I'm having some issue resetting the window on the passenger side of the car after a battery disconnect. Got the drivers side working right away, but I've tried the passenger side like 15 times and couldn't get it to work again.

I have a Bav Technic Basic Cable and software, can I reset the auto roll up with this?
Window limits are one of the few things that aren't stored in non-volatile memory in the Z4 so you lose the travel limits any time you disconnect the battery.

I don't think the "auto up" function will work if the down and up limits haven't been set. Setting is a really easy process though.

Start with windows up and doors closed.

Turn ignition on.

Press and hold down driver side* window button in down position and hold for at least 10 seconds after window is down. Pull up and hold up window button until window is up and continue to hold in the up position for at least 10 seconds after the window is up.

Leave ignition on and repeat the process for the passenger side window.

Turn ignition off.

The travel limits for the windows will have now been set and stored, and you should be able to just momentarily touch the window button and have the window go all the way down or all the way up, and the window up function after the top has raised and closed should work again.

*There's not a required order between driver or passenger side. You can do either one first. You also don't have to do both at the same time. You can do either one separately at any time the ignition is in the on or run position.