02-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #66
exdos
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: Z3 M Coupe(S54) and Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
I don't think anyone is questioning the data itself. What they are questioning is the validity of using those input parameters to calculate hp/torque.
It very much reads to me that Kgolf31 is questioning my integrity in suggesting that the data can be "fudged".

I'm not the designer or author of the software of the DashDyno, only the end user. I have no reason to consider the input parameters for the vehicle profile to be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
There's two e46 N/A builds both have an evolve air box, alpha-n tuning, one has supersprint headers / x-pipe, the other euro headers / cats. Both of them dynoed at around 320 wheel horsepower.

There's no way you're within 5-10hp of that with just a scoop and gutted mufflers.
Tell me, does the evolve or CSL CF airbox operate as a genuine ram-air intake, if so, can you refer me to any data showing the actual pressures seen inside these intakes? Likewise, what are the IATs seen inside these intakes compared to ambient? Who says I'm using just a "scoop"? What I've developed is different to anything I've seen out there, and believe me, I've spent a lot of time looking to see if what I've done has been done before and has fallen by the wayside.
Appreciate 0