View Single Post
      01-15-2019, 02:39 PM   #69
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMCoupe View Post
The leak was at the top seam of radiator. The fan blows it toward the intake thus getting mixed into air intake. That is my guess.
You have a stock intake?

The fan blows agains the middle of the block.
The stock intake sits in front of the radiator, so thats impossible, unless you poored it in. A csl airbox or such sits way at the side, also very unlikely. Especially at a minor leak. It would also mean your air intake sucks out masses of air from the engine bay, especially hot air as air coming from the fan is per definition hot (as I said, the fan blows towards the center of the engine block) instead of drawing air in from the outside.

My guess, if you really have elevated levels (maybe you use oil with some sodium), and it is related to coolant, it has to come from a gasket leak.

But my guess is that other factors are just as likely. Driving in salt air, roadsalt elevated sodium level in the oil itself or such.

I also think that if there would be coolant in the oil, not only sodium but also the potassium level should rise.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 01-15-2019 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0