02-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
assuming i still have my z4 ill be going to the meet this weekend. i gotta check out your rpi! id like to see how dronie it is compared to my stebro.
i'll be there again this saturday, together with a few of the tejas members that regularly show too. there's cabin drone at highway speeds but i've come to the conclusion that it's dependent on time-of-day i.e. temperatures as well. travelling eastwards toward san antonio, the drone is more tame, whereas travelling westwards toward del rio, the drone is more pronounced. maybe it's the exhaustion after a day out road noise is a lot more of an issue and tt's wholly dependent on the road surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
Yeah I'd LOVE to make it down there. I want to hear this!!! You're talking about the Rides and Coffee in SA right?

I keep forgetting there's a HOBBY SHOP ON BASE I need to get up there this weekend or sometime soon and get all my parts from around teh garage on...mostly springs...haha

I also need to get the tech insp done for the March 19 track day. I should be able to take it an indy shop in town right?
any ase-certified shop will be able to get a tech inspection done in about 10 minutes tops. i'll be at the track day most likely but probably won't be participating

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch View Post
tejas chapter had a nice turnout on Saturday. Was a lot of fun and some really good food! Tech sessions wondering around the dealership and getting to chat with folks was a lot of fun.

Matt's car did not seem that loud - at least on idle!
thanks! headed south to harris hill for the ongoing hpde there, and was surprised with the awesome turnout - plenty of modded m3's, a trio of highly-tuned, race-specced r35 gtrs, an immaculate 997 gt3rs, ultima canam race car, porsche boxster spyder and a host of other track-specced porsches, supercharged first gen audi tt with full exhaust etc etc. met some great guys out at the track and took my m coupe out for a few laps after the chequered flag at day's end. the rpi's truly come alive on the track where revs stay above 4000rpms

my latest youtube vid showcases the rpi's pretty well....
Appreciate 0