View Single Post
      02-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #11
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

cool beans, under recommendation from a local bmw car club in san antonio (strictlyea.com), i gave a call to mark williamson at dbc performance tuning and am thoroughly pleased with his level of knowledge, expertise and assurance on working with bmws. he comes highly recommended and specializes in bmws, and was spot on in his description of inspection I for the s54 equipped z4m, all from rote memory over the phone. the price he quoted for the full inspection I, including valve clearances check and adjustments as required, is $617.09, parts, labor and taxes inclusive. he made specific mention tt he will provide a complete, detailed checklist of all the items accomplished for inspection I as well as a readout of the valve clearances and any adjustments made. awesome service and made me feel infinitely more comfortable than the inepts at san antonio bmw or the folks at rhinewest (argued about inspection I's requirements and items with me, which really pissed me off).

will still visit austin bmw with the tejas chapter folks this coming sat, though for the price and the distance (san ant being 100 miles closer than austin), am going the independent route since my maintenance package has expired. i'll still be at coffee and rides next sat (26th feb) and my intent is to drop my car off at dbc tuning immediately after.
Appreciate 0