View Single Post
      06-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #216
RobertRO
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

I am back from a 330 miles trip, out of which about 250 highway miles.
Some feedback:
- the car runs fine and smooth throughout the powerband. I didn't find any driveability issues. More, the slight acceleration step I used to have around 3700-4000 rpm seems to have gone away ;
- it pulls strong, but I wouldn't say that it feels stronger than stock. This does not mean it's not. Obviously, the power increase of the tuning is rather small, and very likely it remains undetectable to the "butt" dyno of an amateur driver like me. I suppose that other forum users will post some dyno tests which will show the actual stock versus Evolve-R difference;
- I noticed that the inner surface of the exhaust tips get covered by a black powder much faster than before, signaling a richer mixture than stock, at least in certain engine load/rpm conditions. Also, the fuel consumption seems to have increased a bit (I estimate it around 5-7%, based on the previous data for the same trip) - but both richer mixture and lower mpg are expectable after a tuning;
- I couldn't find a safe traffic situation which would have allowed me to go for the maximum speed (I requested the Vmax delete option for my Evolve-R tuning). Maybe some other time.
Appreciate 0