08-21-2016, 05:36 PM   #13
TRiCC
E86 M Coupe
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Yeah, that's not correct.
The Bimmerworld setup is just a lazy/haphazardly fabricated exhaust with no regards to street-ability. The "Y" merger is too close to the exhaust manifold which kills low end torque - however, that's not too big of a deal at high RPM.

In regards to the exhaust outlet size - you cannot go "too large" after the exhaust merger. That means you could have (space permitting) gone with 5" exhaust if you wanted to, and would have lost ZERO power. On the flip side, with exhaust piping too small, you run the risk of actually not gaining as much power as you otherwise could have due to added back pressure.

That's not to say this is a bad exhaust or you shouldn't (or aren't) happy with it, it's just some of the things you did aren't what I would have recommended if you had spoken to me.

Otherwise, I'm just here to see where this build goes, so carry on.
The main reason for me to delete the old oem exhaust box muffler and pipes was to drop weight and delete the secondary cats. I know that an exhaust does not net much extra power on its own anyways. There is no replacement for lightweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
really nice car, super clean too!! perfect mods and love the fact your a DIYer...
Thank you thank you! I have DIY done everything myself since I learned how to wrench when I was 16, except for a few exceptions of alignments and smog testing as I dont have the equipment or tools for that haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterspeed View Post
Loving the Weds on the Z! Freed up a good amount of weight over stock with added width too.
Thank you I love my Wedssport too! Yes shedding weight off the car without stripping the interior/exterior is ideal! No replacement for lightweight!

UPDATED THE 2nd POST!!

Last edited by TRiCC; 08-21-2016 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0