07-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #16
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
I have decided on the Continental ExtremeContact DW's for my car. My car is a daily driver but I never drive it in the snow and like I told Finnegan in another post, the best gripping tire in the world does me no good if I put the car into a Jersey barrier in a rain storm. The ExtremeContact DW's in the 235/40 size are very hard to find right now....

I did do a lot of research on the Vredesteins, but cannot find any real quantifiable data on it. I always take what is said on the forums with a grain of salt unless I know the person posting the review. Most people are not going to say that they just spent $800.00 for tires and they are shit.....

The only real negative response I found on the Vredesteins was a guy who ordered 285's but the section width was as a 275.

Ask yourself first, how do you drive and in what weather? Do you need performance or comfort? Do you drive 2000 miles a year or 20,000. Do you do track events or just a lazy drive with your significant other. Be truthful with yourself.

Remember, these comments are my own and you should do your own research FIRST.
Great post and solid advice! Pretty much it's about finding the right tool for the job... Keep away from those Jersey barriers my friend!
Appreciate 0