WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Dominion_2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
The stock fuel pressure regulator is a 5 bar unit, and most injectors are rated at 3 bar of pressure. Make sure you are considering the fuel pressure.

The transition from pump gas to E85 is unnoticeable (in a good way). When I filled up with E85 for the first time and ethanol content rapidly increased, there was no perceptible 'stabilization period' during the switch. No rough running, no odd responses or NVH. I wouldn't have been able to tell anything was different had I not been watching the ethanol content shoot up on the app.

I've only put a couple hundred miles on the car with it. Shortly after I installed it I had all my parts come in for my built engine, and the car has been at the shop since. I need to spend more time with it before I say it's good to go. Initial impressions are great.

That's a great point about the fuel pressure, thanks for bringing that up. after adjusting calculations for 5 bar vs 3, I'll still need to upgrade, but not as much as I thought. Based on my current RWHP, I'm at nearly 100% duty cycle for the stock injectors for pump gas, so installing this kit without upgrading would definitely be ill-advised.

If I upgrade to 440cc/min injectors, based on running at 5 bar, I'd be at roughly 80-85% duty cycle for running E85; sounds safe enough.

Chances are I'll end up trying this out and installing when I replace my plugs/coil packs/injectors. If I do, I'll post dyno results.
Make sure if you get a retune for the increased injector size that you finish the tune to perfection then throw the kit on.

I have driven over 20k+ miles with the kit on two Z4m's running 100% e85 through almost every single tank. If you need any help with install or more info feel free to let me know. Also if you look in the 2nd post of mine in this thread you'll see the video with the Porsche which can give you an approximate representation on how much faster the car is with e85
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 1