No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
The stock fuel pressure regulator is a 5 bar unit, and most injectors are rated at 3 bar of pressure. Make sure you are considering the fuel pressure.

The transition from pump gas to E85 is unnoticeable (in a good way). When I filled up with E85 for the first time and ethanol content rapidly increased, there was no perceptible 'stabilization period' during the switch. No rough running, no odd responses or NVH. I wouldn't have been able to tell anything was different had I not been watching the ethanol content shoot up on the app.

I've only put a couple hundred miles on the car with it. Shortly after I installed it I had all my parts come in for my built engine, and the car has been at the shop since. I need to spend more time with it before I say it's good to go. Initial impressions are great.

That's a great point about the fuel pressure, thanks for bringing that up. after adjusting calculations for 5 bar vs 3, I'll still need to upgrade, but not as much as I thought. Based on my current RWHP, I'm at nearly 100% duty cycle for the stock injectors for pump gas, so installing this kit without upgrading would definitely be ill-advised.

If I upgrade to 440cc/min injectors, based on running at 5 bar, I'd be at roughly 80-85% duty cycle for running E85; sounds safe enough.

Chances are I'll end up trying this out and installing when I replace my plugs/coil packs/injectors. If I do, I'll post dyno results.
Appreciate 0