Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
I need to spend more time with it to give a final recommendation, but my kit was fairly pnp.

To simplify how the kit operates: it intercepts the signal sent from the ECU to the fuel injectors, and it increases the pulsewidth based on input from the flex fuel sensor.

You will get some benefits from running a pump gas tune, since timing can be increased to the maximum allowed by the ECU (the stock tune will go up to 98 RON, or 93-94 AKI pump fuel, and even then it's conservatively mapped). This is most noticeable for those in California that only have access to overpriced 91 AKI. To get the full benefit you need to advance timing beyond the stock mapping.

FI cars will see more benefits since the additional fuel injected cools the charge. Some kits require injector upgrades, and all kits push the limit of how much fuel the stock pump can flow.

As far as whether the stock injectors are able to keep up with the added demand, ethanol requires up to 40% more fuel flow. Log your current injector duty cycle or pulsewidth and multiply by 1.4 for worst case scenario.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 1