09-20-2020, 07:38 AM   #28
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I do it the same way. I wanted to add that the rubber blocks have not deformed or broken any of the jackpads on my three BMWs and I'm still able to use the jack pad adapters and a floor jack when I'm at the track.
The QuickJack looks like it needs some type of block since the top rail is really a tray and the bottom of the tray wouldn't reach the lifting lock on the E85/86 chassis. But the lifting blocks are not fragile and don't require a rubber adapter between the lifting mechanism to prevent damage. I have a Rotary 2-post automotive lift that has cast iron feet at the end of the lift arms. I've had the lift longer than than the 14 years I've owned my E90. The steel lift feet have never damaged any of the lifting blocs on any of the four BMWs I own.

The plastic lifting blocks get damaged because owners use the wrong lifting tools on them, or use the lifting tool improperly on the blocks.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0