View Single Post
      02-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
onebluemcm
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Back underneath. Replace heat shield first – don’t want to forget this. I bungied up the cans to make room for getting the exhaust back in. I reassembled section 1 to the x-pipe and put it all back as one piece. On the headers, probably should just use new gasket rings here. Mine came apart in pieces. You’ll want to be sure to clean all remaining pieces of gasket off the headers and section 1 before putting new ones back on. Also, tighten the side with the welded on clamp first. Then tighten the side with the loose clamp.

The procedure for me was slide the sect 1/x-pipe assembly under the car. Get one side of the x-pipe on top of the tension strut that was not removed. Then replace the tension strut that was removed so that the x-pipe is supported on both sides. Then I moved to the front with my head forward, legs toward the back, and muscled section 1 up and onto the headers. Then go back to the rear stress plate and reattach it (torque specs outlined elsewhere). Connect headers first (they are only 15 Nm, a 3/8” socket on the reverse torx bolts worked fine for me) and cans last. And that is about it.

Last edited by onebluemcm; 08-06-2018 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 0