View Single Post
      08-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #99
illinipo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: phallus non-///M

Just want to pull this thread up from the dead for more visibility and to say THANK YOU to everyone involved! Finally, I can truly enjoy driving my car.

Some notes:

The big changes here are to the crossovers (filterbaenke). From what I can tell, the E86 crossover settings completely screw up the rear mids and subs cutoff frequencies, leading to the distortion.

I was interested in optimizing the sound even further. If you try to choose the filterbaenke piecemeal (picking E86 for one and E85 for the rest), it will just shut off some of the speakers. You might be able to get this to work if you play with nettodat, but for the low-hanging fruit solution to muddy, distorted factory subs, just change all the filterbaenken to E85. (Some are shared between E85/E83 or E85/E83/E86... use NCS Dummy to make it easy!! Simply click the checkmark for E85 on all 55 filterbaenke)

The E86 equalization (PEGELADAPTION) was best after fixing the filterbaenke. I only made minor adjustments in the DSP menu.

For the loudness cut-off frequency, I preferred the e86 setting. It was a bit cleaner than e85.

For the loudness linear increase, I preferred the e83 e86 setting. The e85 setting was boomy.

I tried the e83 rear delay, but I didn’t like it. They did a good job with the time alignment and phasing in this car, especially considering how close the speakers are to each other.

mittenfrequenz_1 is the low pass filter for the rear subs and possibly the rear mids as well. "standard" seems to be higher than 100hz and, to me, standard sounds best once you fix the filterbaenke. If the ~120hz distortion still bothers you after the filterbaenke fix (it is there, but minimal), try setting this to fm_100 (100hz).

Thanks again!

Last edited by illinipo; 08-14-2014 at 06:28 PM..
Appreciate 0