View Single Post
      09-30-2021, 05:13 PM   #691
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Reports from yesterday..

1. Intercooler mount thread gone (came loose) I'll have to oversize and retap.

2. Front quarter panel mounts in the way of the tire when turning, I'll need to chop them and re-weld else where.

3. Refit new DSSR. And fix linkages..

4. Thermo fan isn't working, will need to hard wire to a on off switch.

I'll drag my welding rig to the shop today to fix those mounts and a few other bits that need some .... Attention...

Then did this today...

got through the list up to number 4.. hard wire doesnt work the whole fan is rooted.. Spail replacement inbound... wasnt counting on that

1. intercooler mounts retapped and up sized the bolt. happy with how that turned out, easy as piss..

2. not easy as piss... fucking took forever and the right mount i welded pretty good, solid first time. the left.. fuck.. spagetti.... had to grind a shit load of crap down and then when i was smashing it with a hammer, it let go. start again, a bit more juice.. this went like this for 3 times, finally got it solid,.
but its solid as hell..so thats good.

3. fitted the new DSSR.. linkages fixed... that was actually pretty easy...

4. well we know about that..

5. while i had my welding rig out, and the argon hadent run out, i quickly welded up a few spots on the dash mounts.

6. felt fucked as no aircon in the work shed and called it a night, for some JD & coke, not too late though as ive gottta run to Kuwait tomorrow.. bastard work, always getting in the way of important stuff. Was aboslutely nuked at the end of all that...