View Single Post
      08-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #20
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

I like it but it doesn't look 'new' or refreshing. In fact side by side with an e85 and e89 in new condition I doubt my car ignorant wife would be able to pick out which was designed for 2019 release.

I prefer the e89 in style, has the classic BMW roadster lines similiar to how the 911 shares its looks with its predecessors while being very different in size and shape.

With the exception of the headlights the e85 and the Z8 both maintain this style and like the 911 I think it's just a classic beautiful look.

This new car is more or less a reaction to the Bangle era of pushing the design too far. Now its safe and right in line with the rest of the market.

People hated the bangle era so this new design is seen as a safe return to form by the Roundel for example.

To me the new designs look like Jeep and it looks very very meh. The whole 'angry' and aggressive look being used by the Econo car companies makes the casual car buyer believe that a Nissan Maxima with an upgraded engine is a sports car because it has the word 'sporty' in the marketing.

As for the new Z4 concept I thought it looked good. The production model, like I said, basically confirms ill be getting an e85 or 89 and not dropping $65k on a new model.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0