View Single Post
      04-19-2021, 07:38 PM   #14
t3ddftw
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Sorry guys, I guess I forgot to subscribe to the thread so I haven't seen any of the updates come through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maupineda View Post
Your product is perfect, well almost, and you know the one missing thing is get the hatch to unlock when turning off the engine 🤬

JK, awesome, but seriously help out the tiny coupe community with this enhancement! It is really needed on real life!
Haha, I'll get there in .18

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Agreed - I think VAG have the best setup these days. Our S3 have a built-in 40GB hard drive for the "Jukebox" function, doesn't your Golf R have the same? Regardless of the built-in HD, I still load up all of my albums onto the SD cards (there are 2 slots in our setup), just like you

BTW, some of us would rather free up our phone's storage for photos. The lack of SD or USB support from BlueBus was the main reason that I stayed with my GROM unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi1977 View Post
Yup. Besides I only have 2 gigs of data because I don't even use it. For my Z4M usage, 2gb should be enough. But then I have to pay for some streaming service (no need before)

Haha my misuc collection is already around 100gb, 320kbit's mp3 or better.

Why would I bother to stream?

I got bluebus because of better audio quality for BT calls. Not because it supports streaming. But to each his own, I guess.

As a side note to the developer of bluebus, please add USB drive support. SD card is too small and finicky to insert. So I would prefer actual USB drive. They are as cheap as SD cards these days but easier to insert.

I appreciate the feedback! However, not only would I have to add a USB port to the unit, but I would also have to add an MP3 decoder capable of outputting S/PDIF. This means changing the board layout to accommodate new components, writing the software to manage the new functions, creating prototypes, testing them, and then altering the design of the case to accommodate the USB port and new size of the unit. This equates to a ton of time and money to add a feature that I never intended to develop. For those reasons, it is unfortunately not going to happen.

However, you guys can always upload music to your devices directly, or even download playlists to your devices locally. If you really want to have your music on a USB stick, every USB-C equipped Android phone is capable of supporting an OTG adapter which allows you to run a flash drive directly off your phone: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072V9CNTK/

It's not particularly attractive, but it solves your use case

-Ted
Appreciate 0