12-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

3.0i to 3.0SI ecu convertion update!!

UPDATE : 04/25/12

Well after going back and forth for months we finally cracked it!

car is a demon! accelerated like my I has never done before.

car has driven now for almost a month now with the new software and the drivability is great and no lights or error codes, my engine is as of right now driving like a stock SI Z4.

NOTE: this is not a tune of the I software, this is SI engine tuning spliced into the stock I software so it makes the engine think its a tru SI not a tuned I.
theirfore more HP can be made over any tuned I map.

pretty cool stuff!

what’s coming next is tuned software for this conversion to squeeze out the remaining HP left.

I am planning to get the dyno done here soon and will be able to post numbers and the difference between the stock and new custom SI MAP.

the one thing the SI has over the standard I is the torque converter in the trans, it’s a slightly larger stall.

but the I has a tad higher rear end so it makes up a little bit so it’s probably barely noticeable, if you’re crazy you can always stick in the SI torque converter to finish the deal. also if you’re a stick shift then this won’t bother you.

once I have the new maps with the tuned software I will dyno all 3 so you guys can see the difference in action.

otherwise this should be the biggest gain in HP us N52 "I" guys can get for the money.

looking at going from 212HP to 275HP is the goal.

we will see. just wanted to keep you all updated.

Last edited by -c-; 04-25-2012 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0