09-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #20
cjb762
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is, MG 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Best option is just to make believe we can solve our problems with building wind and solar farms and of course ban the sources of energy that actually work.. That is like trying to be a pro bodybuilder and planning to grow muscle by only drinking protein shakes. Wind and solar can supplement the grid, they can never be the backbone. And btw I been working in utilities for almost 13 years.
So your answer really is to continue allowing billions in subsidies to the fossil fuel industry, and ignore the problem in the hopes that it will just fix itself? As I stated previously, those fossil fuel "sources of energy that actually work" don't have that much working time left before they are just a distant memory.

Also, I think you are giving American ingenuity an extremely short shrift. The fact that wind and solar won't currently power the grid, doesn't mean that they can't eventually be developed to a point where they will power the grid. There is a huge business opportunity here for bold capitalists and rugged individualists - for the man who refuses to blindly follow the fossil fuel herd like the rest of the talking point sheeple.