11-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #4
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxman1950 View Post
Several of you have commented on my trimmed-down front licence plate when we have met on “cruises”, or TedFest last year, the general opinion being it would only be a matter of time before I fell foul of the local constabulary.
Well this week you were proved right, after 2.5 years thanks to Officer Attoe, who by his own admission had nothing better to do, but who at the same time clearly felt my offence ranked only slightly below that of Jack the Ripper and wrote me a ticket for $110.....
Oh well, time for some new plates. Any recommendations on how best to attach them? I used magnets on my Lotus Elise, but maybe I’ll just have to bite the bullet and drill the front bumper😱
At least I had the slight satisfaction of extending to PC Attoe my hope that he would be able to find something more useful to do during the remainder of his shift.
The plates are the property of the Province, so you can't damage or deface them. Altering or obscuring them is also an offence. $110 is cheap, if he wanted to make an example of you he could have seized the plates and towed your car and arrested you. So I get the sense you think he was hard on you given your comment about the offence being slightly less than Jack the Ripper, you got off easy my friend.
Appreciate 0