Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
I had access to one at 15 and we also owned a ranch in which i discovered biking. It was extremely liberating and i took to it immediately, just liked the feeling of the air and mobility a lot.

Ended catastrophically when i took too much liberty and got myself addicted to reaching even higher speed. I fell down at what felt like a million MPH and had so many injuries that i thought it was over (upon further inspection later, i was lucky to miss an enormous boulder only a few feet away).

Struggled all the way back to the house (nobody with me) and swore never to be on anything with two wheels again. Still have marks from that accident about four years later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
I did start a campaign telling any of my friends that would listen to not go near a bike, one of my closest didn't pay any heed and had an accident in a city. Guy was lucky to be alive, had a large number of broken bones, now walks around with metal in his legs and missed school for a year. It was heartbreaking just to be next to him.
Hence the start him when he is young and under supervision... so he doesn't make an idiotic mistake like you and your friend did.

You have to know (and feel) the consequenses of going down to realize what your limits are. Much better to go down slightly fast under supervision then really fast all alone, I am sure you'd agree.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0