View Single Post
      08-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #10
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post

I assume that routing should be simple enough: feed line to the lower drain bolt, and return line to the upper drain bolt.
Afaik the SI (facelift) diff casings don't have drain bolts, only the pre facelift ones.
Of course they are a 100% swap fit so easily solved.

Aux fan is always a possibility, but when mounting a cooler above the oil level inside the diff, you also need a pump, and as the oil gets thrown around in the casing there is not really an oil level to speak from, so it needs to be a self priming pump as well.
But no expience with this (well, with pumps yes, plenty, but not with diff coolers on this level)

Does your diffuser plate interfere with the normal designed airflow through the diff cooling fins? Could that be the root of the problem?
If so it might be easier to make custom ducting to those finns. If the ducting exists the rear of the car there is automatic airflow as the rear of the car is an underpressure area.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0