View Single Post
      08-29-2019, 12:31 AM   #2
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
Stay away. How the hell does this happen at the rear?
Maybe because you put 600hp through your diff?

Be thankful that you discovered this, and that that bush has melted, because do you know what this means? Your diff is running way way waaaaay to hot!

Going solid is the last thing you want as that doesn't solve the problem.
You need a proper diff cooling system and a temp gage on your diff to monitor the heat.
The finns on the diffcase clearly aren't enough to handle the power of your 2jz.
What kind of diff do you use atm?

Also maybe inspect your diff, mainly the seals and replace the oil.

Also why is that center bushing oval? Isn't that made of steel? If not, than that's a big ECS fail.
If that inner bushing isn't made of metal, you run the chance that it cant hold its tension enough and that can result in your rear diffbolt breaking.
That oval hole also can cause that, as any play on that bolt is a nono (it also has quite a high torque setting therefore)
All the quality brands (Powerflex, Strongflex, superflex) all run a thick steel/stainless steel bushing in there.

TBH I always thought polyurethane couldn't melt as it's a thermosetting polymer. But this is some kind of melting, or partial disintigrating at least.
I wonder what kinds of temparatures that takes. Can you test that with a soldering iron that has a wide temp range setting? Then you also know how hot your diff got at least.

If you have a clutch style diff it could also point to that you have a diff problem to begin with. Also check backlash.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 08-29-2019 at 12:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
3GFX722.50