View Single Post
      01-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #51
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
The fact that there are people like you that need to be protected from scammers pisses me off, and the fact I have to take extra time when you could just NOT be an idiot and check for yourself pisses me off as well. Luckily my hate for scammers and desire to prevent them from profiting overwhelms my hate for idiots who can do nothing to help themselves.

Do they evosport headers on top in this picture look familiar? They should, they are evosport headers. Oh wait sorry those are headers that were purchased from ebay for $150

And here's the "evosport" headers the only reason they might look different to the amateur eye is because they are at different angles. There are several different variations of these headers, mainly dealing with bung placement and length, but the basic design and craftsmanship is the same between them all.

Issues with these headers:
  • Flanges are poorly jigged, headers have to be physically HAMMERED onto the head studs to get them to fit.
  • Headers runners are not equal length. bad for performance.
  • Flanges are thing as are the walls, contributes to rasp.
  • Big ass bubble gum welds on flanges often invades the bolting area, meaning you have to grind a nut way down to even tighten them.
  • Crappy gaskets that normally come with them blow out and cause a leak doubling the instal price when you go to get them fixed. This happens 1/3rd of the time. Good OEM gaskets which you would need are almost $100, keep that in mind.
  • Installation of rear o2s is impossible, install of both primaries (required) is only possible after cutting one of the bungs in half with a cut off.
  • Fitment with exhaust is poor causing constant tension on the head studs.
  • Bunch of other stuff I don't feel like remembering.
Save yourself the markup and buy the headers off ebay for $200 all of this product is sourced from overseas.EBAY HEADERS also buy products from vendors that R&D / build there own products not buy and resell them with there name on it.
Appreciate 0