03-05-2018, 03:26 PM   #72
mattfwalters
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC (Sepang/Sepang/insane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdiddyZ4M View Post
Nice build. Going to be doing a similar build after I get my new house built this year with a suspended garage, a lift and lots of room for the project. I own a machine shop and do a lot of HP BMW heads from all over the country so I have been dying to get the head off my Interlagos blue Coupe as I have done almost everything else to the car for track duty. Keep up the post and I will hopefully learn from it and use that knowledge.
I did a pretty awesome S62 Head build for an E46 track monster that is being built right now, complete overkill like yours.
Pictures on Facebook page Nolands Cylinder Head Service.
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your build. The pictures on your Facebook page are pretty amazing.

So I've finally come up for air at work and took a bit of time today to inch things along, and started knocking the "surface rust" off of the front crossmember. It's in... much worse shape than I'd thought.

So now I'm calling around to see who can hot-tank it and coat / paint it, which frankly is what I should have done from the beginning. But I'm dumb / stubborn.
Appreciate 1
wdb4721.50