JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I would suggest avoiding Greely and Colorado Springs altogether. While Greely is a college town as well, it is better known for the slaughterhouse nearby and the stink that goes with it. While Colorado Springs has some fantastic scenery surrounding it, it is also the bible belt of Colorado. If religion and church-goers are not your thing, you would much prefer to live closer to Denver.

I currently live in a suburb just northwest of Denver, but have also lived in Fort Collins and Boulder. Depending where you land a job, you potentially could rely on your bike and public transportation in each one of those cities, but housing costs will go up the closer you are to each city center with Boulder probably being the most expensive. I work in downtown Denver and wanted to live in one of the surrounding neighborhoods, but finding a place with a garage in my price range was difficult. I ended up getting much more house for my money by going a little further from downtown. Without needing a garage, you'll find a lot more affordable housing options within the Denver metro area.

Keep in mind that Metro State University is in downtown Denver and DU is also nearby, so there is a young crowd and plenty of night life throughout Denver. Boulder is also a fun place with lots to do, but can definitely be more expensive all around. I loved living in Fort Collins as a college student, but much prefer living near Denver now. FoCo is full of college kids, families, and retirees, so if you are looking for the mid twenties to thirties crowd, Denver or Boulder may be a better option.

Wherever you end up living, CO is full of great microbreweries and awesome skiing, so you really can't go wrong.