01-28-2020, 05:05 AM   #461
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Hi Micheal,

2 fold really.

the first one is that if you lift off (in a hurry) the throttle, primarily the brake booster gets pre-blown (for emergency stops,, no idea if other cars do this, but mine does, and its possible to code this out), but its a bit hectic when you have to modualte from one extreme to the other. There is a way around that and probably the better way, improve your driving (i cant drive for shit, and i am always learning) and dont lift off so fast. simple.. easily said, not easily done..

the second and much more importantly, is modulation and range. This one is 2 fold. with the brake booster applied, your range is say with in 2 cm , from zero to 100%, without the brake booster, that range stays at 2cm, but the pressure required dubbles. so you have a lot more variety for modulating the brakes that you want to use. the range becomes 50% larger. and as a bonus, its now dependable/expectable, regardless of throttle use.

It does require more force to do the braking, but should become second nature very fast. The advantages far outweigh the dis-advantages. It DOES however require getting used to it. Jump in a un-assisted car and youll be like pressing for-ever, then jump into a normal car and youll feel like your pushing your face through the windscreen.