View Single Post
      12-14-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Things that annoy you at the gym

I' 36 and been it at for about 15/16 years now. I think I seen it all at this point.. So let me begin with some.

1. High Altitude Training Masks.. I still see dumbasses walking around like some skinny version of Bane from Batman.. Wearing a mask that restricts your breathing is NOT the same as training at high altitude. When working out you want to be able to intake as much air as you can but I guess this is the way to go if you feel you need to pass out during your first set of bench press.

2. "You need to lift heavy bro, that's the only way to grow".. I shake my head when I hear that shit.. It usually equates to a few piss poor sets, with bad form, partial reps, and damn near incorporating your whole body into the movement; all while spending less than 10 seconds under tension and most of that tension is not really even directed on the muscle that is SUPPOSED to be worked. It's hilarious to see a dumbell curl when the guys is using his shoulders and back to swing the weight up (elbows all over the place) and then pretty much drops it back down because well, fuck negatives he's way to positive for that shit. And don't get me started on the "back like a scared cat" dead-lifts.

3. Full makeup barbie looking chicks who only come in to do some cardio followed by a quick set of squats (got work that ass). All while making sure to scan the gym every few seconds to make sure someone is checking them out. She has a direct opposite twin called prison Barbie.. She will make sure to never make any eye contact with anyone because apparently you can get shanked at the gym.

4. The "I used to look like you when I was your age guy", meanwhile the guy saying that shit is only a few years older than you.

5. Guy that has the weight belt on all the damn time.. Weight Belt aka the male version of the corset.

6. Guys who feel the need to loudly discuss steroids in the middle of a busy gym because you know gym is a steroids "safe space" and apparently cops don't go to gyms.

7. Beats By Dre.. Ok seriously I figured that big ass headphones went out of style around the same time as Crystal Pepsi. Yeah let me spend $200 on a pair of obnoxious looking headphones that don't sound any different than my Skullcandy ear buds.

8. Guy with the gut and sloppy lower back fat, who feels the need to dish out diet advice.. "You got to eat big to get big bro", yes there is truth to that. You do need to up your caloric intake in order to gain weight, that is a no brainier. So jot down what this guy tells you and pretty much do the apposite.
I could go on all day but I'll let you guys post some up.

Last edited by Delta0311; 12-14-2015 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 11