09-15-2018, 12:03 AM   #69
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael9218 View Post
I've been considering a sequential transmission. I've been in discussion with Drenth. I still haven't gotten clarification on now to integrate to the ecu to allow for throttle interupt for flat shifting.

Part of me wants it, the other part of me likes the skill of shifting an H pattern.
I would look upon it as a two-part project if you want to go to that extreme. Yes, you need a piggyback ECU's for flatshifting, but that is a whole different project within itself. Just installing a sequential dogbox will add significantly to the acceleration times and general reduction in laptimes.

Just a quick lift of the throttle to unload the dogs then slam her into the next gear, only takes a fraction of the time it does in a sqncro H pattern box especially the dreaded 1-2 shift at 6k+ rpm. The syncro's just plain cannot keep up.

I am entertaining the idea of dropping in a T56 magnum because you can easily get gearsets for them and PPG makes a helical gear option so street driving would be more pleasant.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0