ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman51 View Post
Great feedback - thanks!

I have ordered a replacement set of PS4S fronts only in 245/40. This is the cheapest and most sensible solution for now - thanks for helping me realize that!

I went back through my emails with Apex, and confirmed they recommended 18 x 9 - 245/35 and 18 x 10 - 275/35, which contradicts their advice on their fitment guide for the Z4.

I've read up some more on suspension options and wheel / tire choices, so I better understand that now - thanks!

WRT still learning, this is definitely the case, but I've been able to turn some good lap times (1.59.8 at The Ridge - 2 flat is a good time in a Z4 there) after 4 track days, and getting into the 2.03s at Oregon Raceway Park CCW after 1 track day (2.01 is a good lap time here in the CCW config). Not trying to brag at all, just saying that "oh shit" moments are happening at a reasonable pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeka1 View Post
One thing that I would emphasize is moving to a square setup. Doing so will give you a better balanced car and also allow you to extend the life of whatever tires you decide to buy.
Regards square setups, can you do that with different width wheels, but even up the tire sizes? Or must you use the same size wheels?

Thanks again for your patience and help - much appreciated - I hope I can buy you a beer or ten someday!!!
I have moved to a square setup of 265/35-18 w 200tw tires. 18x9.5 et35 square is a common setup which is what I have. With 5mm and 12mm spacer and stud conversion, it's pretty good setup with wet traction to drive to and from the track.

I chose Falken RT615+ when it first came out with $95/tire to try my first 200tw square setup. So far so good drive to Ridge in the rain. White knuckle moments of driving NT01 in the rain in the past on hwy 101 can't be the said the same.

The clearance is also a limitation when choosing your coilover setup specially on the front. The progressive spring limited the 9.5 width and 265/35 tire combo so KW V3 was out of the question hence I chose the Status coilover as an experiment.

You can definitely ride in it when we meet up.

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0