08-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #4
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman51 View Post
I believe current front camber is -3 degrees, and rear is -2 degrees. I used a Turner shim kit to accomplish this. Should there be more than that? Tough to get there without after market parts as I think I am out of adjustability at this stage.

I find the car to be pretty neutral in handling, but does exhibit a bit more medium speed under steer than I like. Note that I am still really early in learning to drive the car properly.

The 245/40 size for the fronts sounds good. I went with the 245/35 based on advice from Apex when I bought the wheels. Should I be considering a 255 front tire?

For the rears, given there is some rubbing should I be looking at 265 or get a fender roll and go with 275 or even 285?

I will definitely look at the other tire suggestions - much appreciated.

Also.. just wondering if you think there is in fact cause for concern with the tires having been driven for about 1300 meters / yards with the front bead unseated.

Thanks so much - your advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Eamonn
Sorry man but your post in general seems to be all over the place (and it's not clear to me at least) what's wrong with your current setup and what you're trying to accomplish. Basic questions...

1. Why are you looking at the Cup 2s (as opposed to other brand/models)? What's wrong with the PSS you have now (if its just a matter of replacing the fronts)?

2. Why are you looking to change fitments? What's wrong with what you have now (other than the fronts running an undersized sidewall)? If you find the car to be pretty neutral with a hint of understeer, upsizing your rears will only exacerbate the issue.

3. If you know coilovers are coming, that will affect your tire fitments so would you rather buy for what you have now or plan to do later?

4. How'd the front tire get unseated to begin with? Going two off and picking up dirt is very different from sliding sideways. If the former, I'd see if a shop can just rebead using sealant and pay attention to pressures. If it's not 'fixable', then I wouldn't run them at all.

If you’re “still figuring out this beast” as you say, I would think you’d want to continue running street tires before looking at more aggressive compounds where incidents can become more costly? Plus by then you’ll know what suspension you’re running do you can optimize everything together.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 08-04-2019 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 0