02-11-2022, 10:16 AM   #7
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafuerza View Post
Doing a lot of research and as a weekend car that only sees canyon runs and track days will be going all in with MCS 2 Way with Res. I knew I would upgrade the one way sooner than later.

Shop is recommending

700F with helpers
800R with helpers

The reservoir allows more range of stiffness and softness in the system. Most of the folks I talked to said either go Single Adj or at least Double with Res.

Any more insight or thoughts.
Late to the party here but I thought I would share my experiences.

So I have run H&R springs, GC coilvoers with many different spring rates and now running MCS 2 way remotes.

You cant go wrong with MCS! It amazes me that the MCS has such great ride quality even with high rates. 700F/850R on my GC's was crazy stiff but that same rates on the MCS is not bad at all. The ride quality was so good I upped my rates at one point 750/900 and it was still better then my GC's on 525/650 rates. Following my brother with the same car on the same rates with GC coils you can see how much better controlled the MCS suspension is. Its mind blowing! I linked a video below of me at Pocono and you can see how on the second half of the track (fast forward to 7:26) I was able to use the curbs to my advantage... I was NEVER able to hit curbs like that with my GC suspension.

For lower spring rates MCS and JRZ are comparable but it when the rates get higher the MCS has better control.

If you can swing the extra expense I totally think the remotes are worth it. For 95% of driving it wont make a difference but when you have those big hits (coming off curbs, huge compressions, catching a a bit of air in the car etc or crappy roads) it makes a large difference in control where you can have the confidence to slam the throttle to the ground.

What length springs are you planning on running? If you go with a 6 inch front spring I dont think you need the helpers. I run a 5' front spring at the with no helpers at the recommendation of my good friends at Bimmerworld and dont have an issue. Started with a 6" spring but went to 5" to fit 275's up front. In the rear I also run a 5 inch spring with no helpers and even at full drop on the MCS rear suspension the spring still has contact top and bottom.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR

Last edited by F360C; 02-11-2022 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
Nkc1600.50